Ask Our Experts

Ask Our Experts

Q: My father-in-law, is recovering 
from a stroke. Apart from his condition, he is in good physical shape. How can we help him keep fit during his recovery?

A: Once your father-in-law’s doctor says he can safely resume physical activity, start with simple activities at first. These might include sitting and standing with assistance, walking from room to room or strolling around the neighborhood. Taking things in small stages will help him build exercise tolerance. Depending on your father-in-law’s level of fitness, he should speak to his doctor about participating in a medically supervised exercise programming at a hospital or even on his own.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.