PREP TIME – 15 MIN
PORTION SIZE – 4
Tortellini with fresh flavours of asparagus and green peas is a perfect dish to enjoy anytime.
• 1 bunch asparagus (roughly 1 pound)
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup water
• 3/4 cup of cooking cream
• 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
• 2 (about 8-ounce) packages fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
• Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
• Bacon bites, for serving (optional)
Trim the ends off 1 bunch asparagus, then cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
Pour in 1/4 cup of water in a large cast iron and add the asparagus to cook over medium. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until the asparagus is bright green but not yet tender, about 2 minutes.
Pour in 3/4 cup half-and-half and 2 cups peas. Increase the heat to medium high to bring the mixture to a simmer.
Stir in the tortellini, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tortellini are plump, tender, and well coated in a creamy sauce, 3 to 5 minutes, or according to package instructions.
Remove and serve garnished with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).