You could dye your eggs using really cool natural colors or even make eggs out of Jell-O. Or you could win Easter and make Oreo truffles. Decorate them however you want for the cutest eggs at the table!
Yields: 20 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 5 mins
Total Time: 2 hours 0 mins
1 (14.3-oz.) package Oreos
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. coconut oil
2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. corn syrup
3 tbsp. milk
3 food colorings
1. Make truffles: Use a food processor to crush cookies into fine crumbs. Add crushed cookies to a medium bowl with cream cheese and stir until evenly combined.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a small cookie scoop, form mixture into small egg-shaped balls and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until slightly hardened, about 30 minutes.
3. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted. Dip eggs in melted chocolate until coated and return to baking sheet. Refrigerate until hardened, 20 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, make royal icing: In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, corn syrup, and milk. Divide icing between four bowls and dye each one with desired food coloring.
5. Transfer royal icing to small resealable bags or piping bags and make a small cut in the corner of each bag. Pipe onto Easter eggs in decorative patterns.
Photo: Parker Feierbach