So light, soft and full of flavour!
4 leaves gelatine
4 free-range eggs, separated
75g/2½oz caster sugar
150ml/5fl oz double cream
few raspberries, for garnish
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
1. Soak the gelatine in a small bowl of cold water for 5 minutes until soft. Squeeze out the liquid and tip out all but 1 tablespoon of water.
2. Put the gelatine into a heatproof bowl with the tablespoon of water. Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water for a few minutes. Stir until dissolved and runny.
3. Blend the raspberries in a food processor and pass through a sieve into a bowl, removing the seeds.
4. Whisk the yolks and caster sugar together in a bowl using an electric hand whisk until thick, fluffy and pale in colour. This will take about 4–5 minutes.
5. Whip the cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl.
6. Stir the sieved raspberries and gelatine into the egg yolk and caster sugar mixture, then carefully fold in the cream.
7. Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir 2 tablespoons into the raspberry mixture, then carefully fold in the rest.
8. Spoon into a 1.2 litres/2 pint bowl or 4–6 glasses. Place in the fridge for 4 hours, or until set.
9. Decorate with raspberries and serve straight from the fridge.
Source: Mary Berry, BBC Food