An easy no-bake bite, these treats combine everyone’s favourite cookie, Oreo, with cream cheese and chocolate to create a rich and decadent candy. This recipe comes from the editors of The Perfect Cookie by America’s Test Kitchen.
Makes: 15 servings
Takes: 40 Minutes
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon green sprinkles
14 Oreo Mint Crème cookies
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1. Line large plate with parchment paper. Process cookies in food processor until finely ground (this should be for about 1 minute).
2. Stir cream cheese and cookies in bowl until uniform.
3. Roll mixture into fifteen 1-inch balls and space them evenly on prepared plate.
4. Freeze, uncovered until firm (do this for about 20 minutes).
5. Microwave chocolate and oil in bowl at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth (aim for about 2 to 4 minutes).
6. Using toothpick, dip mint ball into melted chocolate to coat, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl.
7. Return mint ball to plate, remove toothpick, and immediately decorate with sprinkles.
8. Repeat with remaining mint balls and chocolate.
9. Freeze mint ball, uncovered until chocolate has hardened (this should be for about 10 minutes).
10. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Source: The Perfect Cookie: Your Ultimate Guide to Foolproof Cookies, Brownies & Bars by the editors at America’s Test Kitchen.