PREP TIME – 20 MIN
PORTION SIZE – 4
Simple Baked Cod with potatoes and herbs – a fast and easy weeknight dinner that is healthy and delicious.
- 4-6 pieces Cod fillets (1 inch thick or more)
- 5 onions, sliced into rounds
- 6 potatoes, sliced into rounds (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 8 tomatoes, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1 cup lemon juice
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a large pan, place the sliced potatoes, cod fillets, and sliced onions. Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato juice, wine, lemon, olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper and mix well. Pour over sliced potatoes and cod fillets.
Bake the cod for 20 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork and the internal temperature reaches 145ºF. Spoon any juices from the bottom of the pan over the fish. Garnish with finely chopped parsley and serve the cod immediately.