PREP TIME – 15
PORTION SIZE – 6
This is a great seasonal dish rich in colour, flavour, and texture. These warm creations are filled with nutritional value.
- 6 mini eggplants
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest, finely grated
- ½ cup (125 mL) pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup (60 mL) walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) pomegranate or balsamic glaze
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Cut each eggplant in half, lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Score the flesh diagonally to make a diamond pattern. Whisk the oil with the thyme, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
Brush the oil mixture over the eggplants until it’s all used. Place the eggplants, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and tender.
Meanwhile, stir the ricotta with the lemon zest. Arrange the eggplant on a platter and top each piece with a dollop of ricotta. Scatter the pomegranate seeds, walnuts and chives over the eggplant. Drizzle with glaze.
This recipe can be found on www.foodnetwork.ca