A simple, basic vanilla pudding, cooked with cornstarch, milk, and sugar. If you’re looking for a classic pudding, this recipe is a good choice.
Makes: 6 servings
Time: 25 Minutes
3 cups milk (divided)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Scald 2 2/3 cups of the milk.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
4. Stir in the remaining 1/3 cup milk.
5. Add to the scalded milk and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until thickened and smooth.
6. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes to cook cornstarch thoroughly.
7. Cool slightly and then stir in vanilla.
8. Pour into serving dishes.
Source: Diana Rattray, The Spruce Eats