The perfect party appetizer.
Makes: 24 Servings
Time: 13 Minutes
1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) ground pepper
2 large eggs
1 cup (250 mL) Panko crumbs
¼ cup (50 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp (2 mL) fine sea salt
1 large yellow or green zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
2 cups (500 mL) oil for frying
1. Using three shallow bowls, set up dredging station. In first bowl, combine flour and pepper. In second bowl, beat eggs. In third bowl, stir together Panko, salt and Parmesan cheese.
2. Heat oil in deep cast-iron skillet over medium heat until a breadcrumb dropped in the oil creates bubbles and turns brown.
3. Working in small batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, then submerge in beaten eggs and dredge in Panko crumbs.
4. In batches, lower breaded zucchini rounds into hot oil; fry about 3 minutes, or until golden brown all over. Remove from pan; place on paper towel to soak up excess oil. Repeat with remaining zucchini rounds.
5. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Publication: Food Network
Author: Alisha Enid
Image: ALISHA DUNCANN